Monday, August 26, 2013

Love Lost (Love’s Improbable Possibility Series #1) by Love Belvin

 
Love Lost by Love Belvin
 
 
Rating:
3 Enjoyable Read Panty Rating!
 


Synopsis:
 
Rayna Brimm, hailing from an inner-city in New Jersey, survives a series of betrayal and loss only to forge forward in self-preservation and obtain an education in North Carolina. After receiving her degree, vowing never return home, she finds herself in California where she tries to build a self-contained life. She made a personal declaration to get through life without further dependence on others in order to avoid yet another heartbreak. Only, fate said otherwise.

Enter Azmir Jacobs, a tall, dark, handsome and very wealthy man, who has street credibility and executive power in the corporate world. Azmir has money, power and beautiful women at his beckon call, BUT only one woman has caught his eye. The resilient Rayna Brimm, a woman whose dysfunctional upbringing contributes towards her tough skin, issues with trust and a deep-seated fear to love, turns out to be more than he bargained for when he discovered her in his boardroom presenting a leasing proposal.

Rayna isn’t the only one with a checkered past. Can Azmir conceal his convoluted life long enough to prove that he can provide Rayna the stable and reliable love that she clearly needs and deserves? Or will his lofty lifestyle and endless resources scare her away?

Just when you thought you’d begun the read of an urban novel, you turn the pages and find this is by no means an urban novel, but the journey of a classic love tale and a story of redemption instead. The Love’s Improbable Possibility series is a slow weaving journey of love. Be prepared to progress into the world of Rayna Brimm. A story of love’s redemption.
 
 
 
Review:
 
Ok, so first let me go over the things that I really liked about this book.  Ms. Belvin does a fine job of putting you in the character’s shoes and experiencing the ups and downs of their lives.  At the beginning of Love Lost, Rayna Brimm goes through all kinds of lows in the projects with failed and broken relationships with her boyfriend and family members.  She attempts to get away from that life by moving to North Carolina to attend college and starts up a great friendship with Michelle.  After graduation, Rayna and Michelle begin a new chapter in their lives by moving to Los Angeles and getting a job as a physical therapist.  Through this job she meets the handsome and dashing Azmir Jacobs.
 

“When I make love…I take my time.  I like to look…touch and explore.  I try to take in the whole experience because making love for a man like me is extremely rare.  A man makes love to a woman he cares about and wants to join in on the experience.  When you’re doing it, you don’t rush…you take your time to satisfy all your senses…what you see.  What you touch.  What you feel.  What you hear.  I love the sounds of making love.”


Pretty quickly they begin going out on dates, but Rayna doesn’t want to rush things because of her past shady relationships.  You get a little bit of Azmir’s perspective, but I couldn’t figure out why he held back so much also.  He feels differently about Rayna, not like any feelings of his past girlfriends.  Things start to get hot….and boy, is it hot!  A couple problems pop up for Azmir and Rayna has a difficult time believing that she is worthy of love.

“Just be real with me.  Nothing else tops that.  And treat me like your equal; not a deficient partner.  Don’t feel that my “place” or “part” is any less important than yours.  If you can give me truth then you’re giving me unlimited opportunities that can include loving you completely or walking away with my dignity intact.  That’s all.”

Azmir showers her with gifts because of the feelings he has for her, but Rayna does not want to feel like a charity case.  She is a strong and independent woman and doesn’t want to feel like she needs taken care of.  It was mentioned from time to time that Azmir and Rayna identified with each other because they shared having different sides to themselves.  This confused me a little because it was almost like seeing different characters.  When I felt like Rayna was one person, she acted like another.  The end of this book leaves you with a lot of unanswered questions.  This first book is more of an introduction to the characters.  Overall, even though I felt like the story was just an okay read…I understand that it is only getting started!  I know for a fact that others will find this first book (and continuing the series) a fantastic read!



About Love Belvin:
 
Love Belvin is a native of the Tri-State area and now lives in the Delaware Valley. She's an avid reader and enjoys dinner parties with her closest girlfriends. While she enjoys many things, nothing excites her more than curling up with a glass of wine and a good romance novel.   Love Belvin is the author of the "Love's Improbable Possibility" Series. The first installment of the adult romance series is "Love Lost".
 
 
 
Contact the Author:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Purchase Link:
 
 

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for a great review. I didnt really care for the book and the author suggested I try book 2 so I just started it and I honestly dont know what to think yet. I did see 6 5 star reviews in a row on Goodreads and I am shocked that people stoop to this level and make fake accounts. I think after seeing that I wont even finish I wasted my money

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review...
    from a fellow blogger who absolutely enjoyed the book and gave it a 5 star review I would have to say you did an awesome job on giving a very well written review. Other bloggers could take a page from your book and learn to do the same. It makes me sad that bloggers are so quick to bash an author. Our job as reviewers and bloggers are to give our opinions of the BOOK and move on to the next. If we find a book we love, we promote and help spread the word. Not linger and post negativity any chance they have about them.
    So WELL done!
    I love reading reviews and thoughts by others on books that I enjoyed. I have quite a few authors I get updates through google when anything is posted. :) It always comes so late for me though. I also like who you picked for Rayna.. I have yet to find my Azmir though!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Southern Sass | All Rights Reserved | Web and Blog Design by .